Using the Display Options
Use the options under Settings, Main Settings to:
- Activate the language switcher display on the front end of your site in your menu
- Choose display as list or dropdown
- Select which languages will be displayed
- Select flag or name label options
Language switcher shortcodes let you embed the Straker Translations language switcher in the body of a page, post, or other widgets. The shortcodes work exactly as the language switcher widget does. In the current version, the user will be redirected back to the homepage in the selected language.
To generate a shortcode:
- Go to Settings > Main Settings tab.
- Select the language(s).
- Select the preferred display settings.
- Click Generate Shortcode.
- The shortcode snippet will be created at the top of the page.
- Copy and paste this code into the body of the page or post you would like to display the language switcher on.
[straker_translations languages="English_US" display_flag="off" display_language="off" horizontal="off"]
To have your flags and/or language name show as a list, leave the Display Horizontal check box empty. Alternatively, check the box to have them display across the top or bottom of your page.
At least one of the options for displaying the flag or language must be selected.
Using the Widget
Alternatively, use the Straker Translations Language Switcher widget to add a language switcher to your site.
The Straker Translations Language switcher widget can be modified to meet your needs. Click on the widget and select where you would like the language flags to show on the page for the user. You can choose to display just the flag(s) or also the language(s) name.